First held in 2007, the 11th running of the Herbalife Bali International Triathlon will be held on Sunday, October 21, 2018.
To accommodate a growing number of race participants and spectators, the 2018 Herbalife Bali International Triathlon will remain at the picturesque and welcoming traditional village of Sanur.
As in years past, the swim start of the race starts just after sunrise with this year’s race stroking the calms waters off Sanur’s Mertasari Beach, followed by bike sprints down the Ngurah Rai By Pass in Sanur and back to the beach side transition area before finishing with a road race through the streets of Sanur.
This year’s title sponsor, Herbalife Indonesia, is part of the worldwide nutritional organization, now working in 90 nations around the world.
Back in 2018 as the title sponsor, Herbalife’s championing of good health, sound nutrition and a healthful life style is a mirror-reflection of the lifestyle embraced by dedicated triathletes.
Why join the Bali International Triathlon?
With more than 2,000 athletes expected to joing the Olympic, Sprint and Fun Run at the 2018 Herbalife Bali International Triathlon. As in year past, we expect all age categories to be well represented with participants from Indonesia more than 29 foreign countries expected to travel to Bali.
Swim Hard, Run Hard, Cycle Hard and Play Hard
Join the 2018 Herbalife Bali International Triathlon and find out why Indonesia’s first triathlon remains the best triathlon. Past honors include being dubbed the “Triathlon with a Soul” and cited as “Best Triathlon Run Short Course in Asia 2017 by Asiatri.com and “Best Destination Triathlon” by Competitor Magazine (USA).
Join the unique style and fun that only Bali can offer, that include:
- Special offers on hotels, tours and attractions.
- Welcoming cocktail reception on the Friday night, October 19 before the race.
- Bike tour and Balinese bike blessing on Saturday, October 20, 2018.
- Popular “high-carb” pre-race dinner on Saturday, October 20, 2018
- Race Day on Sunday, October 21, 2018.
- Commemorative t-shirst, attractive finisher medals and race category trophies
- Race Expo with Interesting stalls and non-stop music at the transition area
- Post-race sundown party
Where we come from:
- The first Triathlon in 2007 initiated and self-funded by Bali Discovery Events The event was named “Best Destination Triathlon” by Competitor Magazine USA
- The II-IV Bali International Triathlon 2008-2010 main sponsor title by MRA Media In 2010 the event was named “Top 10 Vacation Triathlon” for 2010 by Triathlete Magazine, USA. In this year the event also developed the tagline “Triathlon for the Soul”
- The V-VII Bali International Triathlon 2011-2013 main sponsor title by Biznet
- The VIII-X Bali International Triathlon 2015-2017 main sponsor by Herbalife
Where we are now:
The elevent edition of the “Triathlon For The Soul” – the Herbalife Bali International Triathlon will return with growing excitement at the new venue Mertasari Beach Sanur, Bali on Sunday, October 21, 2018.
The race starts shortly after sunrise with a swim in the waters of Mertasari Beach, followed by a bike sprint on from Bypass Sanur and finishing with a road race in Sanur area circling back to the beach.
Categories for men and women, individual and team relay:
- Olympic Distance Event: 1.5 km swim, 40 km bike race and 10 km road race
- Sprint Distance: 0.5 km swim, 20 km bike race and 5 km road race
- 5 Km fun run